Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
This game is still not ready for prime time. Hell it isn’t even ready for day time tv or 5am reruns.
– Some questlines cannot be completed due to the randomisation bugging out (in my scenario I have to plug my science
officers brain in to a PC that is in a building buried and entirely filled in undercround). Now, to be fair with this review, i did get it stw for free… here’s the video: fortnite save the world free
– The in game manuel does a poor job of explaining concepts. Or in the case of base building, how pieces work together.
– Base construction is beyond fiddly. You have dozens of pieces to choose from, but the peices only ‘connect’ with a 1/3 of
the asorted pieces.
The marker you use to ‘stake your claim’ for your base cannot be moved.
If you choose to move your base you (or at least I did) loose more than 1/2 of your invested resources; the game doesn’t
even tell you that you CAN reclaim these resources.
If you do finish building a base you are happy with and modify the terrain the game will only save 1/3 of the terrain
modifications turning your beautifully craftd home into swiss cheese.
You will always require base materials to make the most trivial thing and there is no way for these resources to be auto
acquired of acquired more easily.
– The teleport machanic is a welcome change yet if you want to travel back your base the game ‘ports you back to the
base marker rather than the item you spent so long creating.
– The biggest and most frustrating thing that has been around is the inventory system. You are constently fighting iwth
either spare or reclaiming / recalling resources from ether a container, ship orfreighter. How this wasn’t #1 on the 1st
patch is beyond me.
Call me again in maybe another 2 patches.